Saturday, March 3, 2007

East Africa (Lamu)

Hello everyone!
After a 26 hour flight with very little sleep (we were addicted to the in-flight movies), we made it to Nairobi. It's a very busy city with people and cars all over the street and very few tourists. After exploring the town and grabbing a yummy dinner we crashed early since we were still suffering from jet-lag. (pic of the view from our downtown hotel rooftop)



The next morning, we flew to the island of Lamu where we spent the next few days relaxing on the beach, riding on a dhow (local sailboat), and enjoying the quiet fishing village where the only form of transportation were donkeys! We had a lovely fish bar-b-q yesterday on the beach. The food in Kenya is delicious and they even have a bunch of vegetarian options for Kar.



Tomorrow we leave on our safari so we will not be able to post any blogs for a while. Hope all is well and we'll update you as soon as we can. Miss you all :)

7 comments:

snacks on a plane said...

Hi!

We love your update. Looks beautiful. Snacks and I are going to the city for the Chinese New Year parade this afternoon. My new job is great! I have been wearing my pajamas since Monday.

Have fun on the safari and remember to bring a giraffe back for my bride.

Mr. Snacks

Unknown said...

Hi Kar and Haig! We're all happy to know you made it there safely and it looks like you're having lots of fun, but I definitely agree with Arti...put lots of pics from the safari when you get a chance.

Lucy

Jo said...

Your adventure is my geography lesson! :)

santoukht said...

Hi there. Thanks for the blog.

santoukht said...

I'm enjoying your trip, sitting at the computer with a World Atlas in my hand. Have fun.mom

Unknown said...

Looks like a great trip all ready! So jealous! Can't wait to see pics from the safari.

Unknown said...

Hi Haig jan,
Happy birthday! I'm sorry that we can't celebrate your birthday with you, but I'm sure that you are having fun with Karineh and all the wild animals.

Love,
Kelarik